Senior Data Research Analyst
About The Position
Zesty allows engineering teams to effortlessly maximize cloud savings and minimize waste by automating cloud cost optimization. The Zesty AI-driven platform automatically adjusts cloud resources in real-time based on the application needs, achieving optimal cloud usage and a dramatic reduction in cloud spend.Zesty is growing, and we are looking for an amazing data analyst with a keen eye for patterns and a strong drive to organize. If you are interested in large scale distributed systems and want to influence the cloud’s future, your place is with us! We have many challenges coming up, and we’re looking for innovative, daring minds to join the team.Do you have a zest for a better, cheaper cloud in you? Do you like organizing, summarizing, and presenting data that comes in endless shapes and sizes? Do you have what it takes and want to work in a fun and inspiring environment? Come work with us!Key Responsibilities
- Mine data we receive from cloud service providers
- Design and code procedures that organize unorganized data
- QA and assess risks in our products by investigating anomalous activity
- Create reports that identify risk events and summarize key information in easy to process tables and notifications.
- Participate in designing dashboards that provide our customers with useful, metric-based features.
- 3+ years experience in data, risk, or operation management (with focus on analytical work).
- BS in a statistical or exact science discipline (e.g. - statistics, econometrics, computer science, mathematics, physics).
- Impeccable attention to detail and very organized.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Strong experience with Python and data analysis packages.
- Demonstrated ability to design metrics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of probability theory and statistics.
- Experience working with developers and researchers to design data schemas and map data flow.
- Fluent English - Must!
- MS/PhD in a statistical discipline or exact science discipline.
- 5+ years experience.
- Loves math