We Are Hiring!
We are looking for leaders who are inspired by the opportunity to define and build tomorrow’s leading cloud management solution.
We believe in transparency
We share our success stories, failures, processes, numbers and everything in between. If you want to know about something that wasn’t shared with you – all you have to do is ask
We love feedback
We embrace constructive feedback as a means for personal and business growth. Feedback can and should be given to anyone (e.g. manager, employee, colleague)
We are open minded & flexible
When facing challenges, we always look for fresh ideas and ways to overcome them. We won’t hesitate to challenge the status-quo and we use the collective genius of our team as a means for improvement
We act as one team
We genuinely trust each other which enables us to act as one team working together toward the same mission. All team members are equally important
We take ownership
Everyone is “hands-on”. If you have an idea, even if it’s outside of the scope of your position, you should not be afraid to pursue it or suggest it to others
We check our ego at the door
Ego obscures and disrupts everything: the planning process, the ability to take good advice, and the ability to accept constructive feedback. We operate with a high degree of humility
Ready for takeoff?
Join our rocketship!
We are Zesty.
Wouldn't you love to join us?
Jobs? We don't have jobs.
we have career opportunities!
About The Position
HYBRID ROLE – 2 DAYS in our SAN MATEO location
About The Position
As a Pre-Sales Engineer, you will be partnering with Account Executives by delivering high-quality technical demonstrations of Zesty’s product suite, walking through potential use cases, and answering technical questions whilst focusing on the value proposition.
As the pre-sale engineer, you will be the trusted advisor to our highly technical end users by using your technical knowledge and acting as a subject matter expert on technical questions regarding Zesty’s platform best practices and features.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive pre-sales technical discovery and solutioning discussions with data engineers, database administrators, systems architects, and other technical professionals at all levels of customer organizations.
- Plan, manage, and effectively close out technical demonstrations and proof of value projects, often serving as both the subject matter expert and project manager.
- Respond to technical enquiries including Requests for Proposals, and similar formal documents.
- Enable Zesty sales staff and partner teams on data concepts, product features, competitive positioning, and best practices; this may take a variety of forms including but not limited to written articles, group presentations, bespoke training sessions, recorded videos, one-to-one coaching, etc.
- You will showcase new products and features to clients and help them with adoption. You will liaise with Product, R&D, Tech Support, and other functions in order to align our products and services with the client’s needs and requirements.
- Your ultimate goal is to assist the sales team in driving new revenue from new and existing customers.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in client-facing technical roles, selling solutions to business leaders and technical champions in the enterprise (Solution architect, Consulting, Pre-sales, or related discipline), with 5+ years of overall professional experience supporting technical products.
- Experience working in a SaaS company or with cloud architectures
- Strong Experience with Linux Administration and troubleshooting is required. Knowledge of different Linux distros including Ubuntu, Red Hat is a plus.
- Proven track record of learning new deep technologies with strong ability to handle technical objections.
- ֿA technologist with 2+ years of hands-on work experience with public cloud solutions, preferably AWS
- You are thoughtful, and curious, with demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills.
- You care about your colleagues, and you will get the job done together. You are passionate about what you do and inspire people around you
- Ability to influence technical audiences in their language and influence business audiences by translating complex technology concepts
- Excellent communication and customer-facing skills – the Pre-Sales engineer works directly with engineers and needs to have a strong conviction and persuasion skills.
- A storyteller capable of weaving together the vision of a solution and its business value and motivating customers to change how they do business.
- You will need to be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and enjoy continuously learning. You will be able and willing to develop a strong knowledge of our infrastructure and products.
- You have a history of managing multiple assignments simultaneously, and can work independently to drive projects to completion with a high level of attention to detail
- Proven record of strategically partnering and drive change with prospects
- Cloud Architect in a customer-facing role with 2+ years of experience
- AWS Professional Certification with Storage Competency
- Experience with Infrastructure as a code tool (Such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, etc)
- Experience with at least one container orchestration platform (such as Kubernetes & Amazon ECS)
- Data Storage Background – AWS storage and compute (EBS and EC2 preferred) or other on-premise data storage companies.
Some travel may be required (client meetings, trade shows, etc.) when the Covid-19 situation permits
- At Zesty, the base salary is only one component of our compensation package. This position has a base salary range between $180,000 to $215,000.
- The base salary will be based on your skills, qualifications, and experience. This position also includes an equity package of options. Zesty provides employees comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, and much more!
- Additionally, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments.
HYBRID – 2 DAYS in our SAN MATEO location.
Apply for this position
Not finding a position that fits your skills?
We’re always looking for innovative, ambitious, creative people with great personalities. Send us your CV and tell us what you’re good at. We’ll see what we can do 🙂