Senior Backend Engineer
About The Position
Zesty allows engineering teams to effortlessly maximize cloud savings and minimize waste by automating cloud cost optimization. The Zesty AI-driven platform automatically adjusts cloud resources in real-time based on the application needs, achieving optimal cloud usage, and a dramatic reduction in cloud spend.
Zesty is growing, and we are looking for amazing engineers to join our team. If you are interested in large scale distributed systems and want to influence the cloud's future, your place is with us! We have many hard engineering challenges coming up, and we're looking for innovative, daring minds to join the team.
Do you have a zest for a better, cheaper cloud in you? Do you have what it takes and want to become a multi-cloud expert while working in a fun and inspiring environment? Come work with us!
- Provide technical leadership as part of the product's backend core team.
- Plan, build, and support mission-critical, high performant services.
- Drive quality coding with an emphasis on performance, scalability, observability, reliability, and security.
- Lead and mentor a team of excellent engineers, supporting their career goals and technical development.
- Contribute to the companies long-term roadmap while keeping a customer-first approach.
- Take part in the product's live support shifts.
- 8+ years of a proven track record in driving highly scalable and robust large-scale distributed backend systems from idea to paying customers.
- Expertise in large scale development in one or more of the following languages: Python, Go, C++, Java, C#.
- Track record in designing and building high performant, fault-tolerant, highly available, and secure distributed systems.
- Experience in designing APIs that you'd be happy to support forever.
- Experience in building and deploying systems in AWS cloud.
- Self-starter, self-driven to produce results and continually improve.
- Background in supporting a live service environment.
- Able to work with a distributed team.
- BA / MS degree in computer science or a related field.
- Experience in building Azure API based services.
- Experience with large scale distributed databases.
- 2-3+ years of experience with Python