R&D Group Leader
About The Position
Zesty allows engineering teams to effortlessly maximize cloud savings and minimize waste by automating cloud cost optimization. The Zesty AI-driven platform automatically adjusts cloud resources in real-time based on the application needs, optimal cloud usage, and a dramatic reduction in cloud spend.
Zesty is growing, and we are looking for an experienced R&D Group Leader to join our team. As a Group Manager, you will build and manage best in class teams while working on unique challenges of scale and performance.
Your you will do:
- Hire, manage and coach teams which includes Team leaders, backend developers, Data scientists and Devops in a fast-paced environment
- Defining aggressive improvement goals for the group and the product, while leading the group to achieving these goals
- Responsibility on designing and developing a highly scalable system through the entire product lifecycle
- Working hand-in-hand with product managers and the teams to execute features from the requirements to acceptance in the field
- Work in a multi-cloud environment while using technologies such as Serverless, Redis, Kubernetes, NoSQL, Elasticsearch
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies
- 3+ years experience in growing and leading engineering groups, managing several teams and mentoring software team leads
- Experience leading software development of a complete product end to end from requirements, through architecture, leading the development and testing, delivery and all required processes
- Expertise Track record in designing and building high performant, fault-tolerant, highly available, and secure distributed systems.
- Customer and business orientation
- Vast experience in large-scale backend development in one or more of the following languages: Python, Go, C++, Java, C#
- Proactive, highly motivated individual with an excellent work ethic and goal-oriented approach
- Proven technical skills and self-learning ability, capable of thoroughly understanding the functional and technical aspects of a complex system