We Are Hiring!
We are looking for leaders who are inspired by the opportunity to define and build tomorrow’s leading cloud management solution.
We believe in transparency
We share our success stories, failures, processes, numbers and everything in between. If you want to know about something that wasn’t shared with you – all you have to do is ask
We love feedback
We embrace constructive feedback as a means for personal and business growth. Feedback can and should be given to anyone (e.g. manager, employee, colleague)
We are open minded & flexible
When facing challenges, we always look for fresh ideas and ways to overcome them. We won’t hesitate to challenge the status-quo and we use the collective genius of our team as a means for improvement
We act as one team
We genuinely trust each other which enables us to act as one team working together toward the same mission. All team members are equally important
We take ownership
Everyone is “hands-on”. If you have an idea, even if it’s outside of the scope of your position, you should not be afraid to pursue it or suggest it to others
We check our ego at the door
Ego obscures and disrupts everything: the planning process, the ability to take good advice, and the ability to accept constructive feedback. We operate with a high degree of humility
Ready for takeoff?
Join our rocketship!
We are Zesty.
Wouldn't you love to join us?
Jobs? We don't have jobs.
we have career opportunities!
About The Position
Zesty allows engineering teams to effortlessly maximize cloud savings and minimize waste by automating cloud cost optimization.
The Zesty, AI-driven platform automatically adjusts cloud resources in real-time based on the application needs, achieving optimal cloud usage and a dramatic reduction in cloud spend.
We are looking for a VP of R&D that will join our fast-growing company.
The VP of R&D will be responsible for leading and managing our talented R&D department and will be part of the leadership team.
- Help set the strategy, plan product expansion, and together with product and leadership, drive the execution of the R&D road map
- Hire, retain, and grow top management and engineering talent within your department
- Be a clear technical voice, working in partnership with your teams to deliver architecture that will scale with the needs of the business.
- Quickly and reliably deliver high-quality technical solutions that will delight our customers
- Manage the development pipeline of Zesty (Backend, Frontend, DevOps, Automation, and Data Scientist) and coach them to use best-in-class practices (e.g., agile methodologies, code review)
- Responsible for defining R&D department strategy and methodologies, optimizing work processes and efficiency, with direct responsibility for R&D objectives and KPIs
- Responsible for delivering high-quality software solutions on short time frames
- Recruit, develop, and grow talent through effective mentoring, coaching, succession planning, and retention strategies for key talent
- Design solutions, evaluate architecture options, set technical direction, and uphold quality standards
- 8+ years of experience in R&D managerial roles, driving long-term engineering and product decisions.
- Experience in leading over 100+ sized teams in growth-stage startups or organizations with multiple teams.
- Track record of delivering innovative cloud-based products and services
- Proven ability to hire & develop an inclusive organization
- Experience scaling diverse, highly dynamic and fast-growing technical and product teams
- Proven experience managing the development of multi-component SaaS systems using public cloud services, preferably using AWS.
- Experience driving complex, cross-organizational projects
- Experience with advanced development methods and best practices (Agile and others)
- Proven experience leading other managers, and developing, coaching, and retaining high-value employees.
- Passionate about innovation and will drive changes needed to improve and achieve operational excellence for the R&D organization
- Experience in leading groups of developers, DevOps, Automation, and Data Scientists.
The ideal candidate will have
- Strong experience building and managing high-scale real-time applications
- experience working with Kubernetes
- Experience with different cloud providers
Apply for this position
Not finding a position that fits your skills?
We’re always looking for innovative, ambitious, creative people with great personalities. Send us your CV and tell us what you’re good at. We’ll see what we can do 🙂